| || |
Boston Cream Pie facts
When is National Boston Cream Pie Day? Always October 23rd!
What is a Boston Cream Pie? "A Boston cream pie is a round cake that is split and filled with a custard or cream filling and frosted with chocolate." It is an American Dessert that is served room temperature or chilled-
"Created by French chef M. Sanzian at Boston's Parker House Hotel, opened in 1855, this pudding/cake combination comprises two layers of sponge cake filled with vanilla custard or crème pâtissière. The cake is topped with a chocolate glaze (such as ganache) and sometimes confectioner's sugar or a cherry."
"A Boston cream doughnut is a local name for a Berliner filled with vanilla custard or crème pâtissière and topped with icing made from chocolate."
• The Boston Cream Pie was actually invented in Boston, at the Parker House Hotel.
• The Boston Cream Pie was invented by a chef named Sanzian.
• The Boston Cream Pie is the official dessert of Massachusetts.
• It's called a pie but it's actually a cake.
• The Boston Cream Pie is actually two layers of sponge cake that is filled with thick vanilla custard and topped with a chocolate glaze. It is cut in wedges like a pie.